Iran says it's mulling latest U.S. peace proposal, TRUMP says he'll wait "a couple of days"



Saturday, May 23, 2026-Iran says it is reviewing the latest U.S. peace proposal aimed at easing months of military and economic tensions, while President Donald Trump warned that Washington is only willing to wait “a couple of days” for a response before deciding its next move. 

The latest negotiations reportedly focus on ending the regional conflict, reopening the strategically critical Strait of Hormuz, and restarting broader diplomatic talks between the two countries.

Trump said discussions with Middle Eastern leaders and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had been productive and claimed a potential agreement was “largely negotiated.” 

However, Iranian officials pushed back against some U.S. claims, particularly suggestions that the Strait of Hormuz would fully reopen under American-backed terms. Tehran insists it would still maintain oversight and control of the vital waterway even if a deal moves forward.

The high-stakes talks are being closely watched worldwide because any breakthrough could calm global energy markets and reduce fears of a wider Middle East conflict. Pakistan and Gulf nations are continuing mediation efforts, with more negotiations expected soon. Still, major disagreements remain unresolved, including Iran’s nuclear program, sanctions relief, and regional security demands. 

With Trump signaling impatience and critics in Washington already attacking the proposal, the next few days could determine whether diplomacy survives or tensions escalate once again.

Post a Comment

0 Comments